Another Lacie to replace the old one. A little improvement of reading speed from 114 to 134 MB/s. Also, notice the USB 3.0 Type-C (reversible) port. See the photos and screenshot below.
Here are Lacie 1 TB Porsche Design USB 3.0 drive unboxing photos. We bought it for some backup purposes, where main criteria was at least 1 TB of free space, small form factor to fit into pocket, and fast writing speed (not as fast as Kingston 64GB DataTraveler HyperX 3.0). As a bonus it has a nice design.
Photos and speed test below.
We have just bought Patriot Supersonic Magnum 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, and have only two things to say:
- I do not like the size, form factor and sharp corners — it would be nice if this Flash Drive was about 30% smaller, and …. hmmm… and different 🙂
- Read and write speeds are amazing.
- Results are not from scientific tests.
- Formatted Flash Drive using MS Windows 7 to NTFS.
- Tested on PC with EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED 3 motherboard (1st gen i7 CPU).
- Benchmark file size was about 12 GB.
- Tested only sequential read and write.
- I tested my real world usage scenarios.
- First 3 screenshots are from Far Manager.
- Last screenshot is from Febooti Hash & CRC, using “Just Read” feature.
- IMO Far Manager shows slightly lower reading speeds, because it copies data to NUL device, which slows things a little bit.