Yesterday we bought another very fast Flash Drive with USB 3.0 support — Kingston 64GB DataTraveler HyperX 3.0.
Manufacturer advertised speeds: Read 225 MB/s; Write: 135MB/s. It come pre-formatted with FAT32, but we instantly formatted it with NTFS, 64 KB cluster size.
It has a little bit slower read speed and 1/3 slower write speed than Patriot 64GB, but in contrast to Patriot, this Kingston feels very good in the hand.
- Our benchmarks are not scientific tests.
- Tested on PC with EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED 3 motherboard (1st gen i7 CPU).
- Benchmark file size was about 4 GB.
- Tested only sequential read and write.
- I tested my real world usage scenarios.
- Screenshots are from Far Manager and Febooti Hash & CRC, using “Just Read” feature.
- IMO Far Manager shows slightly lower reading speeds, because it copies data to NUL device, which slows things a little bit.